Line Isolation & Localized Hydrostatic Weld/Nozzle Testing
State-of-the-art tool designs are developed with built-in safety features and focus on efficiencies for field operations. All our designs are backed by highly-skilled and trained personnel, making Furmanite today’s choice for line isolation and localized hydrostatic testing.
When others say it can’t be done, call on Furmanite to engineer solutions for the most challenging applications. Our unique tool designs, including specialized equipment for external testing of nozzle additions, are revolutionizing the industry.
Furmanite’s Line Isolation tools promote the welder’s safety by isolating any upstream gases or vapor while welding repairs are affected to the pipe. During this process the annular cavity is monitored via the tool’s built-in through-port venting system that allows for any pressures to be evacuated to a safe environment. Furmanite’s Isolation tools can be back pressure rated up to the burst pressure of the pipe and have a minimum standard rating of 25 psi back pressure.
Once welding has completed, the same tool used for the isolation can then be pull forward to center the annular testing cavity on the new weld which provides a mechanism to perform a localized hydrostatic weld test on the new weld. Tool sizes can accommodate pipes ranging from 0.5″ to 120″ and test pressures up to 5,000 psi.
In addition to our internal isolation and weld testing tools, Furmanite also provides external hydrostatic nozzle testing; no longer does a vessel need to be completely filled with water water to perform a traditional hydro-test on nozzle additions. Furmanite’s O.D. Nozzle testers allows for additions to be tested externally in a safe and cost-efficient manner with a minimal amount of water. This approach can save time and money from a shutdown schedule by allowing other craft to work simultaneously inside of the vessel while testing is completed.
Furmanite can provide engineered solutions to accommodate most any Isolation/Weld testing requirements. From our experienced field technicians to our in-house engineering team, our ability to develop custom tools for unique applications is only one of the many things that separate us from the rest. Special applications include, but are not limited to:
- Plain End pipe testing using Grip Tight style tools; these tools are industry proven to test service systems up to the burst pressures of the piping systems
- Entire service system testing including spool pieces
- Specialty tooling to isolate through valves and hydro test valve welds through the valve body
- Internal diameter nozzle or flange weld testing using proprietary-designed internal cap with jack bolt type compression device to hold the tool in place
- Under-the-weld Testing – Specialized applications allow Furmanite to test Flange Weld-Slip On, RFWN, Socket Weld, Lap Joint, Lens Ring, O-Ring,Tech-Lock, Grayloc and Orifice-Type flanges
- Weld-o-lets on pipe for sample valves
- Butt welds on pipe-to-pipe welds